Drawn Together~ Drawn Together~

Oh my gosh, you see, this is why you are my biggest influence with animation.

Your line-work is incredible, it's extremely clean and yet, natural-looking. It doesn't look like it was line-tooled. But your frame-by-frame is just so smooth and phenomenal, some of the best I've ever seen in any animation ever. The force behind movements and the movements themselves are just perfect, and you go over-the-top and it's so fun to watch.

As for your style of drawing, I absolutely adore the more abrupt-looking angles you use. It's very unique. Your colors are very fluorescent and they pop out. And what I really like... you don't abuse the line-boil effect 24/7.

This video was just cute, funny, and super-entertaining to watch. Your design, style, and pretty much everything is just not seen very often and it's just fantastic. You're a true professional at this, I always eagerly wait anything from you.

SnowBrahs SnowBrahs

lol wow, I absolutely adored that animation style, it was so clean, colors were nice, great shading, and above all... just perfect animation, all the motions and physics worked correctly, but were over the top and fun.

Of course RicePirate's acting was awesome as well.

Overall I enjoyed it, lotta talent you got.

Cornelius & Toots: Case 1 Cornelius & Toots: Case 1

Hey look, a video that has above a 4.2 score and actually deserves it!

Art and animation were both very sleek and clean. Voicing was pretty good, I like their accents. Coloring is extremely nice, it's very vibrant and fluorescent. All the dialogue is well-written as well.

What I didn't like though... how slow they move around. It's very very smooth, but sometimes I think it's just little TOO smooth when they run, it just looked like they were going at a walking pace but their arms and legs were making running-like motions. Also the lip-syncing, it's okay, but their mouths tend to move allover their face at some parts, and the transition between different mouth movements is, again, rather slow.

Also, I wasn't the absolute HUGEST fan of the drawing style. It was clean and sleek, like the animation, but some characters, particularly Cornelius looked extremely flat and his ear sorta seemed out of place. Perhaps this was all intentional, but regardless, I didn't LOVE it. Other characters looked okay, though.

This whole thing as a very interesting, fun concept and overall I really enjoyed it. Very nice effects throughout the whole thing as well, this is close to professional. Just work on some certain motions and physics of it a little more, and I think it'll be perfect.

Kid Sickofthis Kid Sickofthis

Well I expected a lot more to happen. All-in-all I generally liked the animation, it was executed nicely. I liked the frame-by-frame parts, not so much the tweens, however I can say that the tweens were done well, for what they were, anyway. Voice acting was really good, probably close to phenomenal.

The problem was, there wasn't enough content in it. It was too short. Plus I didn't really find it funny in the slightest. Good execution, though.

Wonchop responds:

I don't understand why so many people have issues with how short it is. My general feel is, if you're going to waste someone's time with something they may or may not enjoy, best not to waste too much of it.

Bio-Hazardous EP4 Bio-Hazardous EP4

I dunno, I didn't like it. Most of it is on the technical aspects, mainly the visuals, but also some things are just my opinion as well.

First off, the line-work wasn't very clean, and it doesn't have to be, I've seen some outlining done very ruggedly and even sketchy in some cases, which look good, but this sorta just looked like you used the brush tool while you were REALLY zoomed out of the frame. It looked really bulky and not very precise.

The animation was obviously mostly all tweens, it's extremely dated and I didn't like it. There's not even any lip-syncing, it's just a circular-shaped mouth that sort of opens up and closes repeatedly during a sound clip. There was no rhythm or even really anything appealing with the motions and physics of the characters and objects, it was so slow and stiff. To me, it didn't look like there was much life at all. It should be very easy to animate well in this style, considering how basic it is. I understand cheaper, more simple animation with super detailed drawings, but these were so flat and bland.

The voice acting was okay, some of the time, but FAR from great, or even good, to my standards, anyway. Sometimes the characters lacked emotion when yelling and such. The voices alone were alright, though.

It didn't make me laugh or even chuckle inside, but this is just me, which is normally why I don't critique so much on humor, because we're all different. But that rage face meme wasn't funny.

Overall, it's just so slow, stiff and lifeless and not even very funny. I don't understand this series's popularity and constant awards and high scores. I don't know if these are like, already pre-made and being uploaded every few days, or if it actually only takes you that much time to finish a new episode... I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, this is just so flat. Quality over quantity.

Not so Happy Ending Not so Happy Ending

I thought the animation was pretty unique and it looks like a decent amount of time went into it, it beats motion tweens any day. Also I like how this video isn't a parody, which is a bonus to me.

But I didn't find it really super laugh-out-loud funny to be honest. The humor was very drawn-out. Voice acting was pretty good, but the lack of background noises or music or really any atmosphere sorta killed it for me... FightingSeraph pretty much hit the nail on the head with his review, I have to agree with a lot of stuff he said. Had some potential but not the greatest execution in the world.

Overall I liked the visuals, the line-work was pretty unique, and the colors were nice and vibrant. Lots of pictures I see. But some of the motions don't really look right, I dunno, the characters sorta get deformed and it transforms into a bit of a mess.

But yeah it had potential, and I thought it was unique, but I didn't think it was really anything super satisfactory.

Jae responds:

Thanks?

TOME Episode 04 TOME Episode 04

I see no improvement from this one compared to the previous episode. Audio is good, I like Kirbopher's voice especially when he's screaming (it just sounds well-acted and clean). The writing isn't so great BUT the dialogue is snappy during the battle scenes, which I like.

But again, it's the visuals that just kill everything for me. They just don't look good... there's no consistency with the line-work, the colors are all in muddy shades and have little harmony, the characters look extremely flat and out-of-proportion, it's the same deal every time... the frame-by-frame parts aren't amazing or anything, but they are pleasant to look at compared to all the tweening. Also the gradients still don't look good, they just don't make sense, they just destroy the laws of how color and physics works. They make objects look incredibly flat but they have this slow color-transitioning...? uh

But I really enjoyed the camera movement during the fights, I liked how it moved a lot and attempted to keep you interested. But it just doesn't entirely save the issues I am spotting with the rest of the graphics. I mean obviously it's the color scheme, that's usually the first thing that gets picked up with the eyes, but also the characters have certain portions and objects on them that look like they're in some completely different dimension compared to the others, like the arms are completely flat and just look like paper-overlays compared to the body, which looks like aAAAHAHhhh it's just so hard for me to describe all these problems, it's literally a mess. I mean sometimes I even see you used shadows in the drawings, but then other drawings in the same shot DON'T have shadows... I mean make up your mind, that completely destroys the spectrum of everything. Oh yeah, the anatomy is still screwed up.

Well that's all I have to say about this one. All the story problems persist and everything's still just so ugly-looking.

War of the Shyguys War of the Shyguys

Ehh, sprite videos. Not a fan of them. I kinda like how you mixed real drawings with the sprite stuff, but honestly it just seemed kinda weird to me. They didn't really have all-that-great animation, anyway. Voice acting is good, script is okay. I just found it pretty boring. But again, that's my whole biased opinion towards sprite things, so I know I don't speak for everyone with this review.

Skyrim : Dovahbear Skyrim : Dovahbear

Your animation is just amazing. You understand how physics works, it's very fluent. I'm a huge fan of how you did the colors, it's all in more of a duller-shade, but it all adds to the Skyrim-sorta style, since it mostly consists of wintery valleys, lots of grey. You also shaded and shined in all of the objects and characters, which can be a tedious job, but you did it, and did it well.

Your drawings are great, it has somewhat of a sketchy style, which is just awesome to look at. This thing kept making me laugh so hard, that bear just riding on the horse... I don't know what it was, but it worked. All that serious, epic music behind it all just topped it off.

I KNEW one day we would see the bear's adventure continue. Awesome job. You're a pro.

Bowz responds:

Thank you sir, your too kind. And shading everything is part of the reason this took longer than usual to make. I started this cartoon with the intent of keeping it simple. Things always get out of hand :D

Side of Minecraft 3 Side of Minecraft 3

I kinda liked the drawings, colors were nice and flourescent. Script was good, but voice acting was kinda sub-part to my tastes, as well with the overall audio. There were very little amounts of sound effects and ambient noises, it seemed so lifeless. It also failed to make me laugh, generally.

However, some parts of the animation were pretty smooth, and they went a lot of places and it had a decent running-time. Not the worst ever, but I don't think it's anything really amazing either.