Dinosaur Animation Dinosaur Animation

There were some things I liked and some things I didn't. I didn't feel to strongly about this cartoon negatively or positively, I think it was just okay.

For one thing, the visuals. Overall they are well-done, simplistic and clean. Very basic, but I see that is the style you are going for. It looks good in itself. I kinda like the color scheme, everything's in sort of a duller shade. As far as animation and coloring goes, it looks like you understand what you're doing.

Script is good, I like the screenplay and dialogue you have here, but a lot of the time I kinda found it tedious and slow-moving. Also, the actual concept and plot I didn't particularly like, I mean he's annoying the other dinosaur, but nothing really adds up to anything, he gets annoyed, and then they both just sorta die... I dunno, didn't do it for me. But I like how it has a decent running-time, it's not overly short, or TOO long. Though I kinda thought it was just a little tedious is all.

Voice acting is great, I loved it. Especially the t-rex.

Overall, it looks like you know what you're doing when it comes to making a cartoon, with the script, getting good-quality audio, and being able to handle the style of art and animation you are attempting to accomplish, though that quality may be a little sub-par, to me, anyway. It wasn't my favorite but I in no way hated it. I'd like to see more from you, I'll just leave it at that, pretty nice job.

Beaches and Shores Beaches and Shores

Oh wow I LOVE this animation style so much. It's not that sorta buttery-smooth thing, but it has that film-type frame-rate that I am a HUGE fan of. It was extremely artistic and stylistic to me, considering the part when you can tell she yelled but it has no sound effect for it, however the audio for other things is present. I liked it a ton, it just added to the mood. The artwork itself along with the animation was extremely nice, it wasn't the cleanest and smoothest but it was just well-drawn, it just somehow showed that you are a fantastic artist.

I kinda wish it lasted longer, I thought it would sorta be one of those longer, battle-type videos, but I thought it was still funny at that abrupt ending, lol. Excellent work overall.

Swelter Swelter

Pretty incredible. The color scheme was just stunning, animation was fluent, patterns and texturing were very neat, awesome effects as well. Audio was very high-quality.

Amazing job.

Days Of Yore 2 Days Of Yore 2

There was just something I really loved about this.

Art and animation were both very simple, but the colors were REALLY nice and popped out, animation had a very nice fluent effect and it had this sort of rhythm and pace that was kinda hard to describe... but I loved it. It never got boring, everything's constantly moving, it just kept me interested. You seem to understand motion and the way physics works, but you over-exaggerate it without making it just go off and stop making sense, it's just fun to watch. THIS THING IS ACTUALLY PLEASANT TO LOOK AT. All the cartoony sound effects you put in it matched so well.

Voice-acting was great, very over-the-top and just well-done. Mic quality could've been better, I mean if anything, but other than that I really enjoyed it.

This whole thing is basically just a good, well-paced and well-thought-out cartoon that is fun to watch and not just an ugly, failed attempt at copying someone else's style. You actually have your OWN style of drawing and animating, and I think it is great. One of the few videos on here that I actually want to watch more than once.

Well-done, I want to see more.

molkman responds:

Thanks alot, dog.

Opium Cop Opium Cop

Your line-work, shading, and overall animation is very clean and well-crafted, which is what I love about all your stuff, but this one in particular wasn't really funny to me, and like what nikkz said, nothing really built up to anything. I also have to say it was pretty vague as well. Will always look forward to your future videos, but this one was kinda just a speed-bump in the road to me.

The Hungah Gayums The Hungah Gayums

Well some parts were animated decently, but most of the time, I dunno, the physics were just off. I mean yeah it doesn't need to be 100% realistic, that's fine, but it just wasn't pleasing to look at. The motions, especially the close-ups of their faces moving around... the force behind the movements just didn't add up with them. It was very disrupting to the animation flow.

The colors had very little harmony, but I can see you were going for that sort of limited-spectrum look, which is cool-looking IF it is done right. I can't begin to explain how many people go for that coloring style and just fail at it (it's what most people call the "Egoraptor Style", but I don't choose to call it that because he wasn't really the one who like INVENTED it or anything, he just happens to use it). When it showed that old guy it looked okay on his face, the shade of pink you used worked decently with the color of his skin, but other characters just looked wrong. Like they had this brown-pink color with a brown purple to shade it, and both colors were on the same general brightness level. Shading needs to be DARKER than the original color, not just a different color. At one time the shading was actually BRIGHTER, it was just wrong to me.

At some parts I see there were lots of details and wrinkles in the faces, which, again, is funny if it's done correctly. But most of the time it just looked like a bunch of random thin lines with no real set facial pattern. Again, this is another issue I see a lot of people have in their animations.

In conclusion for the visuals, they were okay, I mean they weren't super BASIC, I'll give you that, but it kinda just seems like you can't yet handle the style you're attempting to jump after. Do something that is in your grasp and that you are knowledgeable of. It's almost like trying to cook some fancy dish, but you haven't yet perfected how to actually make it, but you make it anyway, then you end up with something... kinda like it, but tastes half as good? I would rather have a more SIMPLE meal that at least TASTES good and like it's supposed to because it was prepared correctly. I dunno, that's sort of just an analogy that popped into my head, hope you understand.

As far as humor and writing, it didn't even really make me chuckle. Too many memes, very forced.

If you really want to animate in that style, please at least PRACTICE before hopping right on it and ATTEMPTING to do it. I hope this is helpful.

ZenithQuinn responds:

It's no masterpiece! :) I could have put more time into the art, but I just wanted to get rid of it and start something new.

Dunsparce Dunsparce

I wanna make a little snarky, witty joke so I can get marked as helpful!!!!!!!

But seriously, really nice animation, it's very fluent and there's a soft ease effect after movements, which is very pleasing to look at. Your voice is very sexy as well omg

Diablo 3: Error 37 Diablo 3: Error 37

Well, your line-work is clean, coloring's nice, animation is smooth. I also liked the background at the beginning part.

But the animation was just so incredibly stiff. One thing I think you need to learn, along with so many other animators out there, is that smooth alone does not equal good animation. There's also laws of motion and bouncing, squeezing and thrusting. FORCE behind movements that become initiated. Some people do this but just do it wrong, like put too much force behind a very small movement or vice versa, but you don't seem to do it it all. Of course these do not always need to be over-exaggerated if that's not the style you're going for, but you should have them nonetheless, considering that that is just how physics works. With this, especially at the last part, the guy who threw the chair and stuff... it just didn't look good, it was smooth, but it just didn't make sense, he sorta like slowly transitioned to certain positions, rotated and slowly moved his arms to throw the objects.

This is an issue I see often, and to the untrained eye it may look "good" simply because there's a lot of frames, but there was no style, it's just so basic. I mean anyone who spends a bit of time animating could pull off that sequence. Animators should have their own specific animation style.

What really killed it for me was just the length of the video itself (not really any longer than 10 seconds), and the joke was so stock, I mean you could've replaced this with any game and there'd be no difference, all online games have errors. Just random screaming and freaking out with that same overused abrupt ending every single person is doing now just doesn't make ME laugh, at least.

You make videos very, VERY fast... you need to spend more time on a single one. Quality over quantity. But... thanks to your constant awards, front-pages and high scores, maybe none of this criticism even matters. I mean why should it, right... you don't even have to try and it's almost for-sure that your video will get super popular.

TerminalMontage responds:

Thank you, I appreciate this criticism cause I want to improve, I've only really started animating 3 months ago so I know I have a lot to learn, and my animation is very stiff. I think I'm slowly improving, but I need to focus mainly and making my animations less stiff, and work on my time management. And the humor, all my videos are pretty low key in that area.

I don't want to let my "daily awards" and stuff bump up my ego, I don't think I'm great, but they are nice to get for the things I do. I would hate to be a person that gets awards for sub-par work, but believe he's amazing and doesn't have to improve.. Like the guy who makes the CTRL+ALT+DEL comics.

edit: And Twisted, I imagine you as the food critic in Rattatouille, I look forward to the day where I can hopefully please you :)

No Another Pokemon Parody No Another Pokemon Parody

Well that was actually pretty impressive.

The biggest thing this had going for it was the animation, most of the time it was pretty nice. However, there was just something about it that was off-putting... literally every few seconds the quality of it just kept flipping back-and-forth from great to just gloppy and strange. Very inconsistent. But it's not TOO too much to complain about, considering most animation around here that I see is just tweeny and bad. Looking at something more like this is pretty refreshing. Colors were okay as well.

As for actual content it really didn't do too much for me. It was just another Pokemon thing. Battle scene kinda failed to impress me since it was really just one attack that made the screen flash, which is extremely common in most battle scenes these days. Voicing was okay in some areas but sorta sub-par in others, it really wasn't anything special.

But it was a good effort and it does look like it took a long time so I'll give you a 4. Just work on consistency in the animation is all.

AngelXMIkey responds:

Yeah most of this was frmae by frame animation. Thanks for your Cnc it was really good and I will take what you said and apply it to my next animation ;D

Lazy Writing 6 Lazy Writing 6

I didn't find it super funny most of the time but I liked the animation, the characters moved around a lot and it wasn't boring to look at. One issue though is that I think the voices need some variety, I know you're voicing all of them pretty much but you might wanna work on your range a bit. :P Other than that though it wasn't bad.