Free to Play Free to Play

This really wasn't very good.

First of, the visuals. The animation is still pretty shoddy, and I really don't care about how "clean" and "cute" the drawings look (which seem to sucker everyone into these videos). It was mainly all just tweens, and not even good ones. The characters just slightly bounced or stretched a bit when they were supposed to be moving. In fact, I don't even find the characters all that cute-looking anyway, there were so many features on them that just looked out-of-place, in lots of shots their arms were all fat and gobby-looking. It really lacked consistency, which in this style of art that I see everywhere, is completely necessary.

I get the whole point of the video, it's basically making fun of how free-to-play games aren't actually free because you end up spending a bunch of money on them, and in many cases people take it the point of just paying and not really even playing the game anymore. I get it, but it's been done before, and this video really didn't bring anything new to the topic. Not only that, but it was extremely drawn-out. Like, a lot. I wanted to skip through most of it, it was just really boring and took so long to make it's point (which again, has already been done). It really just wasn't funny or clever at all to me.

The voice-acting was fine, but really nothing special. I think it lacked quality control over the actors and their equipment. Not a huge deal, though.

In my mind, these videos are really just proof that if you have that cute "style" and have clean lines, people will be drawn in and praise them for being "professional", which I can't stand reading in some of the comments. They really just lack good, solid animation to me. Who knows, maybe I'm crazy, but quite honestly I don't find boring, unfunny slideshows very entertaining to watch.

Also the girls' boobs in these videos are always floating up against their necks. Work on that.

Overall I found it to be a very drawn-out, not-so-impressive animation on a topic that has already been done numerous times. But hey, who am I to judge? You have countless amounts of followers allover the internet, so I guess nothing I'm saying really matters. If people like bad content, I'll leave them alone. Keep on doing what you're doing, I guess.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Boundless Boundless

I enjoyed that. I liked the very calm atmoshpere it had, with the two cute little ghosts around all of the blue and pink. It worked very well. The music was very ambient and the beat it had just made it perfect. The animation was simple, flowed pretty good, and not overly detailed, yet not overly basic.

I also like the fact that there's sort of an interesting, perhaps bittersweet story going on this, as it matches the theme, but I was slightly confused towards the end... did they both die? Was it a dream he was having while in a coma? But either way it worked I think.

It's one of those videos that I just wish was a bit longer, and I know it's just supposed to be a short, but if it went more in-depth over a longer period of time It would have been outstanding. All-in-all though I thought it was a neat, somewhat sad yet kind of cute story. Nice work.

Starbarians - Episode 2 Starbarians - Episode 2

Outstanding frame-by-frame, nice natural line-work, great colors, great voice-acting, pretty cool battle scenes, outstanding music, breathtaking backgrounds, and the writing I feel has gotten much better. Terrific as always, really leaves you at a nice cliffhanger.

The Client's Always Right The Client's Always Right

I've never actually been a graphic designer, but doing art commissions, I'm sure I've gone through some of the crap you guys go through... the client constantly changing their mind and asking for multiple versions or completely different ideas and not even knowing exactly what they want in the first place, being so incredibly specific that virtually everything you draw up is incorrect to what they're looking for, and above all, no matter what the quality of what you created is, they will always think they are paying way too much for it.

You captured that very well in this video.

As for the visuals, I really like how every image almost looks like it's a painting, it's neat. The colors seem as if they're traditionally done which gives it a natural look. It's very unique and overall awesome, nice work as always, Gerkindude!

Gerkinman responds:

Ha ha, thanks mate. I think the themes of this short can be applied to countless different areas of client artist negotiations. Thanks for your help on the film, it wouldn't have been possible without it.

River City Ridiculous River City Ridiculous

The random, unpredictable movements and voices were hilarious, the fighting was neat and funny to watch, and all that throwing up... well, I think it could have gone without that, but other than that it was great. Nice work, looking forward to more from you.

Double Dragon DragonsTale Double Dragon DragonsTale

I don't know what took me so long to review this, but here goes...

First off, lemme just say that this is pretty much one of my favorite cartoons ever, period. The animation is so fluent and unique-looking, and yes it is rotoscope, but that takes a LOT of patience. All of the coordinating in the battle scenes were extremely well-done and flowed together flawlessly. It was so entertaining to watch the whole way through. The expressions and the lines the characters had, hilarious. And to top it all off... a decent running-time.

This was extremely entertaining on all levels. Not only that, but it was actually UNIQUE, it was something DIFFERENT. And I say it is awesome. Marvelous work, it's rare I actually see something that wows me this much.

kalabor106 responds:

Wow, thanks man.

Adrellia Village #46: SE Adrellia Village #46: SE

Very good, as usual, I liked the script and the fact that the characters' lines seemed to naturally flow together rather than feeling forced like most others seem to write their scripts. The bits of music in the back were nice, I liked how they played almost as a role of ambiance as the characters were talking. The animation is always getting better, the frame-by-frame is very smooth and consistent. But the one problem I see is that I think it requires some easing. Like at the end of the animation segment, you should "slow it down", as in the last frame or so should be a slower transition to the ending frame. That would make it look pretty much perfect I think. At some point I felt it could be a LITTLE bit more faster-paced, but overall I liked it and as always I like how the series is constantly and gradually improving. Keep it up!

MistyEntertainment responds:

Thanks man, it really means a lot coming from you.

Joy 1: Misjudgment Joy 1: Misjudgment

I really enjoyed it, the blue color scheme worked, lip-syncing was very good, nice voice acting, simple but effective drawings, I could imagine something like this on TV. The animation was a bit choppy but the characters fidgeted and moved around quite frequently, kept the eyes interested. Nice job!

Turducken Turducken

Overall I really liked it, I loved the traditional artwork, coloring, animation and character designs, and I think the voice acting worked for the style as well. At some parts it seemed to move a little slow for me but there were also some winning parts as well, and in the end it was worth watching. Very unique, nice job.

Mario tells the Truth Mario tells the Truth

Oooh my gosh, wow... I haven't seen anything that made me laugh so hard in a long time. Visuals were executed very well, I liked the rougher, more traditional-looking line-work going here, as well as the masked patterns used in some of the colors fills, very nice exotic touch, it all looked very unique. Animation flowed nicely as well, I'd love to see more stuff from you, well-done.