76 movie Reviews with Responses

Mario Collab Mario Collab

This was great, Mario bending Sonic's middle finger backwards and then Mario chasing after that koopa towards the end made me laugh the hardest. Fantastic work to everyone who was included! : )

kalabor106 responds:

Thanks man!

Sonic: Out of Juice Sonic: Out of Juice

For some reason I laughed really hard when the walrus guy got stabbed, lol, anyway, very colorful and fun to watch, great work as usual, good sir!

kalabor106 responds:

Thanks man.

ICE DREAM SANDWICH ICE DREAM SANDWICH

This had me laughing pretty hard, very good audio design, good pacing, constantly kept my interest and never slowed down. Nice work.

HadenCreate responds:

Thanks a lot! All I want is to entertain others, including those whom I work with, so knowing all of that makes very happy. And another thanks to you for your involvement.

The Forgotten Legion II The Forgotten Legion II

Super sick. Stick videos are what I (and what I think we all) grew up with online, and the animation in this one is one of the best I've seen, especially the flying alien monster. The lighting and audio design was also outstanding. Nice work, can't wait to see more.

Specked responds:

Thanks man! Great voice work c:

Mario Kart 8 is Great Mario Kart 8 is Great

Colors, detail and expressions were great, and the joke got a laugh out of me. Nice work.

nevarky responds:

Thank you man!

Five Flour Anergy Five Flour Anergy

Tom showed me this at the office, ha ha it was pretty great, I like the action and the camera-movement, as well as the muzzle flair effects. One thing I will say though, and you're probably totally aware of this already, but a lot of the drawings are very inconsistent and look rushed. Though that may be what you're going for, and though it does have style, at a lot of shots it just doesn't look all that great.

But, I will say this, it was extremely fun to watch, the backgrounds are cool and the way you paced everything was perfect. The voices and facial expressions made us laugh. Keep at it.

TrueJackson responds:

thank you for the feedback and advice, I'll look into it.

Dragon Ball Multiverse 3 Dragon Ball Multiverse 3

Wow, lol dang man, you made this whole thing? This has got to be one of the longest finished animated videos on this site, and you did it very well. I think everyone did a good job with their voices and you made it really look and feel like an actual episode of the show. Nice job.

bocodamondo responds:

thanks buddy, i really appreciate it ^^

A Moment of Adventure A Moment of Adventure

I liked how the key-posing was unpredictable and quite dynamic, and the animation was sometimes decent, but all-in-all the whole thing was just overly-obnoxious and forced, I didn't find anything funny about it and it didn't seem like any of the jokes came up naturally whatsoever. It seemed more like "hey, people must think this joke is funny, so I'll just jam it into the script randomly right here!" There's too many people doing that now.

sweetcommando responds:

I know, i know, i need to work on my writing. But its really hard to do that since im mostly focusing on the animation stage. But thanks for the feedback anyway.
Love your work by the way!

Buy Wards You Feeders Buy Wards You Feeders

Some of the animation was pretty smooth, but for the most part I just found the movements awkward and the video very repetitive.

RetroSleep responds:

If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me what was smooth and what was akward? I made the video so the entire thing looks the same to me unless its specifically pointed out, I would like to improve so I do want to hear what you have to say, and repetitive? It's def not the same animation with different outfits its all unique! lol

Edge Edge

There's quite a few things I have to say about this. Though I liked the point it was trying to make, as quite honestly it hasn't been done much according to my knowledge, it was not delivered or executed well.

Visuals were certainly not the worst I've seen, though as far as the coloring goes, the shading I think needs to be darker. I see people do this a lot, they want to get the coloring to look vibrant and creamy, which is completely understandable, but they make the shading almost the same brightness as the lighted parts themselves. The placing of it also needed some work. Animation was a bit choppy and lacked flow, and the characters sort of lost their proportion as they moved around. I know that the characters were supposed to be making wacky-looking movements and such, but because there was no flow to it, it just didn't look right.

I see that you're trying to do the camera-movement thing, but I didn't think it was done right and was completely unnecessary. The characters weren't moving very much out of fixation in the first place, and the movement of the camera itself was almost nauseating.

Most of the voices were pretty good, the acting for the two main characters especially fit very well, but I feel it was let down by very drawn-out, non-clever writing. I found myself wanting to skip through the video as it was went on. It's nice that the video was towards the 4-minute mark, but at the same time, in this sort of situation and the simple point that video was attempting to make, shorter would have been much better, in my mind.

The redeeming factor for me is the point of the video. I do agree with it, but since it wasn't done well at all I can't recommend the video to anyone. I also don't really understand why like 10 other people were in on such a simple video, but...

If you want your future stuff to be better, I would polish the animation, work on understanding the concept of weight and the law of physics, work on coloring, how shading works and how it's supposed to be placed, and above all, work on the writing. Even a poorly-animated video can be funny if the writing is funny.

Flikkernicht responds:

Yeah, I understand what you mean, man. A lot of this kinda shit I picked up on my own while working on it; truth be told I just wanted to get it done and out, due to how long it began to take. I ran into an assload of complications during working on this, which is in part the reason why so many people were involved. At one point I was hoping to get it out by the end of 2013, so I asked a bunch of my friends to do stuff like backgrounds, coloring, shading, etc, so I could focus on finishing up the animation. I wasn't involved with the coloring, nor the shading; I had friends do that, like I said. I agree that the animation was pretty choppy at some parts, and as for the camera movements, it's the first time I've really tried actively using V-cam so I did go a bit overboard with it. Also, the writing: it seemed to be a common complaint between everyone I showed it to that it was too long, I've really got to work on pacing when it comes to scripts. But anyways, I like your stuff, and I appreciate you going in-depth like this on the review. I'll try to work on some of this stuff before I begin my next thing.
-luv flikkernicht xoxo