View Profile Twisted4000

All 126 Art Reviews

54 w/ Responses

Wooooooooooaaaahhhh okay you REALLY improved with this one.

FIRST I'm just going to say the negative aspects: her pose is more on the stiff side, especially the legs, like she looks like she's standing up but at the same time she should me like floating? Unless she's supposed to be standing up... I don't know. Her left arm and hand looks kinda jacked a bit as well, BUT a big improvement from your usual stuff, since the stiffness seems to be one of your greatest weaknesses with your art...

NOW for some good stuff... the coloring... I REALLY like it. It's somewhat more dim, but accompanies with the shining and shading, I think you did it well enough for the armor to actually look like a realistic white-golden-color, which is kinda beautiful to me. I also like the red-brown-tan color you used, there's just so much harmony, I really like it.

The energy ball staff thingy is also done pretty well, can't really think of any obvious issues with it. Also her right arm and hand look pretty good. Background is somewhat plain, but at the same time it somehow matches the character, it's not too saturated or anything, I guess it may be because it's almost a yellow-green, which is complimenting the yellow-white? I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to colors, but I CAN say I like the way it looks.

And as for what FrostDrive said, I kinda have to agree that the face shows little personality, I mean it's a standard, cutesy anime girl face, which you executed fairly well, but the actual concept of that... is just a cutesy anime girl. Nothing too wrong with it, BUT you generally make that face with a lot of your other drawings, I would suggest a change up.

BUT overall nothing bad, kinda makes a good character shot, though the pose is really nothing special, it's kinda like she's just standing there, but the coloring and line-work and such are good. Probably your best drawing, good job. Next time I would really like to see where you go if you spend some time sketching and making the pose a bit more complex with a character... then apply your skills of coloring, line-work, shading and shining, and I think you'd have a pretty nice drawing...

bocodamondo responds:

well...duel monsters are allways like flying and standing in the sky at the same time.
what you and frostdrive said about the face...i dont get it...this how i usualy draw faces eyes..thers no different at all..and this is also like everyone else do it in.............;deviantart................
i guess its a matter of taste. "i cant allways give the characters the same expression...this would be boring and ANNOYING"
green & yellow just fits PSYCHICS...thats exactly the colors she have in the trading card..

you talk about so much rules & details ....i draw just for fun...i dont even know most of the names..
i didn even know what "anatomy" means. or...whatever

so...whatever. if you ask me i did a good imrpovement in this artwork if you look at my previous ones
...face expression...........face expression..........f a c e e x p r e s s i o n .

Very nice, extremely stylistic! :) Good work!

Truly awesome! :) I love your choice of colors and the way you made the pose and such, very nice!

Love this, there's so much style to it. I love your choice of colors and such, too, it just somehow works, and look extremely pleasing-to-the-eye. Nice job!!

Hm nice, I do like the picture, the characters and the setting and all, and the sun-glare effect you're using is nice as well, again, along with your shading, but I think you just need to work on posing and anatomy a little bit more, just my thoughts. I have the same issue...

Very nice, probably one of your best works, it just seems like the posing and all is correct, colors are nice and soft, and it has neat shading. Good job.

bocodamondo responds:

thanks but i dont give a F))) about the linerart or positions here.
the only thing importing for me here is if that coloring methode is good or not ^^

Oooooh I really like this! You're good at drawing armor, detailing, and coloring! I guess my complaint though is that the background is blank, and the shadows are kinda messy, but eh, whatever, I do like this, lol.

JewelMaiden responds:

Thank you kindly! I just noticed after your comment that my shadows, are indeed very messy! I should probably paint a more solid shadow form. :)

Very nice, you used the gradients perfectly along with regular shading, the colors have a very nice tone and lots of harmony together. Pose and expression are also very well-done and very cute, nice job!

FrostDrive responds:

lol "regular shading"
It's called cell shading BRO'

Thanks for the compliment! I think I might change the background colors to blue, it's only yellow cuz i had this idea of making it a spotlight, now I just kinda see SO much yellow as an eyesore.

Ha, very neat, I really like the pose and your shading.

Um... nice lol.

Artist, animator, game developer, writer, music composer, voice actor, and lover of the universe.

Ben Carswell @Twisted4000