View Profile Twisted4000

60 movie Reviews with Responses

All 230 Reviews

Some of the animation was pretty smooth, but for the most part I just found the movements awkward and the video very repetitive.

RetroSleep responds:

If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me what was smooth and what was akward? I made the video so the entire thing looks the same to me unless its specifically pointed out, I would like to improve so I do want to hear what you have to say, and repetitive? It's def not the same animation with different outfits its all unique! lol

Clean. detailed animation, but it was very stiff and not very interesting to look at. Though it's not really a big deal since the video was very short and revolved around one little joke. Which by the way wasn't funny.

redminus responds:

oh shit you got me

I've never actually been a graphic designer, but doing art commissions, I'm sure I've gone through some of the crap you guys go through... the client constantly changing their mind and asking for multiple versions or completely different ideas and not even knowing exactly what they want in the first place, being so incredibly specific that virtually everything you draw up is incorrect to what they're looking for, and above all, no matter what the quality of what you created is, they will always think they are paying way too much for it.

You captured that very well in this video.

As for the visuals, I really like how every image almost looks like it's a painting, it's neat. The colors seem as if they're traditionally done which gives it a natural look. It's very unique and overall awesome, nice work as always, Gerkindude!

Gerkinman responds:

Ha ha, thanks mate. I think the themes of this short can be applied to countless different areas of client artist negotiations. Thanks for your help on the film, it wouldn't have been possible without it.

I don't know what took me so long to review this, but here goes...

First off, lemme just say that this is pretty much one of my favorite cartoons ever, period. The animation is so fluent and unique-looking, and yes it is rotoscope, but that takes a LOT of patience. All of the coordinating in the battle scenes were extremely well-done and flowed together flawlessly. It was so entertaining to watch the whole way through. The expressions and the lines the characters had, hilarious. And to top it all off... a decent running-time.

This was extremely entertaining on all levels. Not only that, but it was actually UNIQUE, it was something DIFFERENT. And I say it is awesome. Marvelous work, it's rare I actually see something that wows me this much.

kalabor106 responds:

Wow, thanks man.

Very good, as usual, I liked the script and the fact that the characters' lines seemed to naturally flow together rather than feeling forced like most others seem to write their scripts. The bits of music in the back were nice, I liked how they played almost as a role of ambiance as the characters were talking. The animation is always getting better, the frame-by-frame is very smooth and consistent. But the one problem I see is that I think it requires some easing. Like at the end of the animation segment, you should "slow it down", as in the last frame or so should be a slower transition to the ending frame. That would make it look pretty much perfect I think. At some point I felt it could be a LITTLE bit more faster-paced, but overall I liked it and as always I like how the series is constantly and gradually improving. Keep it up!

MistyEntertainment responds:

Thanks man, it really means a lot coming from you.

The first time I've ever voiced a square!

First let me say that I liked the art-style. It was natural-looking. I liked how the backgrounds had this sort of texture, while the coloring on the characters was soft and blended together nicely. It all looked very unique, it was something different and seemed like a breathe of fresh air to me.

Your timing is pretty good too, I think it was a little fast at some parts but overall it was well-paced and not boring or drawn-out by any means. I like how it all seems like it's going to build up to something, and then it all abruptly ends at a horrific twist. Fun to watch!

I enjoyed it, certainly something different, quick, and simply flat-out funny. Nice job!

Gerkinman responds:

Thanks maaaaan! I look forward to working with you again in the future ;)

Ha ha, that was actually pretty funny. I loved the disoriented music and drawings, really set the theme up. I found the pacing to actually be pretty well-done, the video never really dragged or stalled, it had good flow to it and actually made me chuckle quite a bit. I think the only real problem was the fact that it ended sort of abruptly for me, I was expecting and hoping for it to go on for at least just a little longer, I thought a lot more jokes and discombobulated images could have showed up and it would've worked well. But overall for what it was, I, strangely, enjoyed it. Nice work.

ShigDiggity responds:

Yeah, I realized that I could have probably extended it a bit further, but honestly I didn't even expect it to be this long. The flash was supposed to end when the song ended actually, but I couldn't find a fitting ending without extending it.

Thanks for the review I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I was never a huge fan of sprite movies, but I have to say, this one was done right. The writing's good, clever and funny, acting's nice, and the addition of TomFulp, well, all the better! Nice video, made me laugh.

Saminat responds:

That's the best thing I can hear, that the writing was good! Thanks buddy, we need to work together again!

I thought the visuals were okay, it's very colorful and bold, and yes, I don't like motion-tweeny animation but that's not really a reason to give it a negative review because that's just me, I understand some people just like to animate that way. It was the few frame-by-frame parts that seemed very disjointed and lacked flow, though.

As for the joke, I mean it was sorta just a guy flipping out because he thought a soap opera was sad. I dunno that just didn't do it for me lol. But when he was screaming and crying and stuff, the voice acting and quality was good.

The style is pretty basic and cute-looking though, and at least it's not another video game parody. I think you should focus on just making some more original jokes is all.

Jaltoid responds:

Tweening is just something we do, Its part of the style. I realize its not everyone's cup of tea, but we try to make it as intricate as possible.

Also we'll be sure to work on our writing! :)
We're still kinda finding our place as far as writing style goes. We still have a few kinks to work out. Overall our current videos are warmups for much bigger projects we have planned!

Okay, I don't normally leave reviews on stuff I'm in, but this video really deserves some attention.

First off, it was all extremely stylistic, unique, it had its own atmosphere. It was really something else, something different, something new, and VERY interesting at that.

The visuals were extremely crisp and smooth, very professional-looking, I could totally imagine animation like this in legit TV shows or perhaps even movies, it was really great. As for the backgrounds, they were just incredible, all the effects added to everything, just perfect, again, it's really something else. There's people out there that can make good backgrounds, but yours are just phenomenal, they're so realistic, and they seem to compliment the way you draw the characters. It all fits so well.

All the acting was great, but my favorite was the time lord, his voice was so menacing, it was awesome. Again, I could imagine acting like this in TV shows and such.

All-in-all, all of the quality is there in practically every aspect, it was very enjoyable, it was really great. Fantastic job, you're very talented!

Kreid responds:

boo-ya!

Artist, animator, game developer, writer, music composer, voice actor, and lover of the universe.

Ben Carswell @Twisted4000