View Profile Twisted4000

64 movie Reviews with Responses

All 242 Reviews

Pretty nice. As for animation, I liked some of the frame-by-frame you did. Overall it wasn't really my thing, but it wasn't bad, either. Positioning of the characters was good, as well as the coloring.

For voices, I guess it was just the microphone's quality, but when the characters talked, it sounded completely out-of-place with the cartoon, I can't really describe it. The acting itself was decent, though, not too many complaints I have with it.

For humor, it was alright, that one part when I saw Charmelion dead on the ground made me chuckle inside a little bit, but other than that, it was kinda flat for me. The very ending part saved most of it, though.

Overall, nothing too bad, but wasn't personally my thing. That's just me. If you want an idea of what to make next, I would say make something original, I would really like seeing more original work around here...

TerminalMontage responds:

Thanks! I do have original ideas, but I'm not too confident in my own animating just yet to do them.

I don't usually like leaving indifferent/negative reviews on popular artists' cartoons, because I know everyone is going to unconditionally hate me for it and I'm going to get ridiculed simply because I have different opinions than the majority of the viewers, but I might as well share what I personally think of this anyway... here goes...

Well as for animation, yes, it's very simple, somewhat smooth. Line-work is pretty rough, and as for coloring, yeah, it's a white background, but even on the characters, nothing really pops out, I don't find it very fun to look at. There's very little movement though, cartoons should have lots of things moving and blowing up in your face, not slow-paced dialogue scenes with their arms moving occasionally. With this simple style you have here, I would expect a lot more movement... it looks incredibly easy to pull off.

The one thing that usually saves your cartoons for me though is the writing and humor, but this one specifically just didn't do it for me. I don't know, it was just very slow-moving, drawn-out, and the very base of whatever joke there was wasn't really funny to me.

Bottom-line, I don't like watching a couple of people just having a conversation and not really doing much else at all, except for the rare occasion when the dialogue is actually laugh-out-loud funny.

I like most of your sense of humor, and this review is in no way supposed to be hateful, but I think you should take more time in your cartoons and breathe in some more life into them, because that's what animation is about: giving life to drawings. To create life. They should be fun to look at as well as to listen to. Besides, you upload fairly often, every few weeks, I think you should go quality-over-quantity. But that's just me. Do whatever.

LazyMuffin responds:

Regarding the animation - I completely disagree about animation NEEDING to have "lots of things moving and blowing up in your face", it's not my type of animation. I agree that the animation is very limited, but it's the theme of the series, it's just a regular conversation for the most part. It being a theme is not an excuse, but may help you understand why there are no explosions. This series is also built for me to animate quickly, it's true.

About the writing, I understand if you didn't find it funny, but your point of it being very slow is flawed considering it's two pages worth of dialogue in less than a minute and a half.

Wait, you laughed out loud? I didn't expect that, I SAY YOU LIKED IT!

Regarding your last statement, I just disagree. I use flash as a tool to bring my writing to life. My writing is not Disney material, it's usually people talking along with a hopefully amusing premise. I upload fairly often since this is my job, not to say I force material out. I honestly do the animations I want to.

Thanks for the comment!

Pretty nice, lots of parts had some good, fluent animation, but others were somewhat stiff. Aside from its short running-time... it was done on paper... and that alone is a pretty big accomplishment, and pretty much saves everything, so I have to give this a decent rating anyhow.

Nice job!

Horsenwelles responds:

alot of the stiffness was because of the compression and the sadly not very good screen capture software. in retrospect i should've made it into a gif and used that, but i'm not sure how well it would have exported.

Woah.

I actually didn't expect that... this made me legitimately laugh.

For one thing I'm going to say, and there's going to be like 50,000 reviews saying this same exact thing, but it really does remind me of Egoraptor's older work.

But now to actually get on with the review, I enjoyed it. The art work is very sloppy and the animation's kinda choppy, and usually, to the average viewer, that is an instant turn-off and they'd think it sucks, BUT, to me it looks like you actually know how to draw pretty well, and you understand WHAT you're doing with the animation. Like how they move around and switch positions a lot, it doesn't look off or out of physics, it just kinda looks rushed. But it's funny that way, and I for one liked it.

As for humor, I just thought it was ridiculous, stupid, and hilarious. The parts with Peppy especially. It's been a while since I've seen something like this. It's executed pretty messily, but it just makes you laugh because of it. Some people have made messy and rushed videos before, but they just look bad. Like REALLY bad. But this is somehow actually passable. Again, it looks like you actually know what you're doing.

As for voices, nothing special, but nothing too terrible, plus the overall quality standard of the visuals sorta matches up with it and it fits.

So all-in-all, it's a pretty low-quality-standard video that's executed just perfectly, and it's actually funny. Though I'm not usually a fan of parodies, Starfox hasn't been done too much, so I'll give it to ya.

(b._.)b

Brojack responds:

Thank you for your input :) that's what I call a review mate ;)
I'm aware of the resemblance, yes, but I see no reason why it should ruin the video for a lot of people. yes, the art and animation was designed to be that way, and I loved doing it that way, glad you enjoyed it. My goal was to make people laugh, and it seems like I've achieved that with a lot of people, which makes me tremendously happy. I'm not the greatest of voice actors, but the parts with peppy were probably my favourite to perform; I'm glad someone else enjoys them as much as I did.
Even though you don't like parodies, I'm happy I made you turn a blind eye on this one :)

Hmm alright, the colors are nice and they pop out, I like the line-work as well. Overall, the drawings themselves look pretty natural and stylistic, which I like, however the animation was really basic, though it was smooth, there is much more to animation than just being smooth to make it look good. Characters are very flat and basic, but I kinda like your style anyway.

The biggest issue that I personally had was the humor... other than the YouTube usernames, I didn't really find it funny. Voicing was okay.

Overall it's definitely not bad, but I feel there's a lot of stuff you need to tweak with the visual presentation...

glasscake responds:

Thanks for the criticism.

Also I don't mean to be a dick but look at your profile image and then look at Egoraptors.

Woah...

You managed to do this all TRADITIONALLY? Holy crap... I mean that way, you need to plan everything ahead of time, and full frame-by-frame animation is usually already a challenge enough in itself. Your line-work was surprisingly clean, and the animation was great.

You look like you are a person who TRULY understands animation, I mean it looked so right when the characters moved and bounced around and stuff, but again you did it on PAPER. That's pretty remarkable.

SpamClamberton responds:

Yeah, I had to plan everything out on an exposure sheet beforehand.

It was alright, it wasn't awful, but nothing too special either. I like your frame-by-frame animation you use at times, but everything else seems to be rather lazy. Writing's fine, but voice acting was quite dull.

The whole concept and such seems okay to me, but I think you just need to breathe in a lot more life into the execution...

MistyEntertainment responds:

Thank you very much for your review! For episode 39, I'll definitely work on the animation so it doesn't look lazy, and I have an entirely new voicing cast. I appreciate your take for this.

Animation was very, very good. I also found it unique because of the line-work, though most people may find this particular style to be "unappealing", I thought it was very well-done.

As for plot and such, well, not a whole lot going on, it's cliche, there could have been more clever ways to make fun of Ray William Johnson... but still, I was entertained, nice job on the animation.

OrganizedApeShape responds:

Yes I agree, But its really just messing around. And even though a lot of people hate stupid stuff like this its good for practice.
Thanks btw ;)

Good animation, pretty good line work, and pleasant coloring. Backgrounds were pretty good as well. The biggest thing this video has going for it though is probably the point it is trying to make, because it is so true.

The issues I had though... the audio. It was fuzzy when it got loud. This was probably because the quality of it was somewhat low when you published it, but I don't know for sure. Also, your voice acting... I like it, but when you yelled "nooo" it sounded kinda quiet, like the character wasn't really yelling. Another problem I had was the choice of some of the sound effects, like when he was walking and then when he fell on the ground, it was like a distorted, amplified BUFDM, I don't know, it just didn't match very well to me.

But overall, it was enjoyable and I liked it. Here's my little review breakdown thingy I like to do...

+Pretty nice frame-by-frame animation
+Cleanly-outlined, colorful art
+True point the cartoon is trying to make
-Not very good audio
-Short

FrostDrive responds:

I tried recording that "Noooooo" part probably 30 times and thought was the best I could do. I was finding it difficult to scream without peaking the audio.

and the sound effects, most are from super smash bros. brawl, I grabbed what seemed to fit. I think when I hit the ground I played a boot landing sound or something, so I see how it didn't exactly fit. :P

Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to work out my audio better next time.

Very Awesome

The art was awesome-looking along with being unique. Animation was very stylistic and cool, and it reminded me of spacejelly's work. My only complaint is that it's disappointingly short, I was really hoping it would go on for a while, but it ended when my interest sparked the most.

Still, the two of you seem very, very talented. I really thought this was cool.

LessThanNormal responds:

We thank you very much for your comment. We were surly expecting medium reviews, such as "cools", or "nice, but too short" its awesome to see people now really giving great insight. It was short, compared to our standards. But hey, becuase of the type of response we are getting, it might intice us to make the fight scene for this clip, which we do have ideas for, way before we started this animation almost 2 weeks ago. Thanks very much for your comment.

Artist, animator, game developer, writer, music composer, voice actor, and lover of the universe.

Ben Carswell @Twisted4000