View Profile Twisted4000

59 movie Reviews with Responses

All 239 Reviews

Pretty Good At First

When I was first watching it, I was enjoying it, but then towards the end... not so much.

+Pleasing, colorful art
+Lifelike animation
-Art was pretty sloppy
-Not so good voice-acting
-Second half was not good

I was really hoping for this to be a nice little parody of the game, which it was at first since I adored its animation style and I found the voices pretty funny (though not so great), it ended very fast and then it was no longer good.

But you seem like you're definitely capable of making a funny, charming parody. I wanna see what you make next time.

wt0 responds:

thanks i guess everyone has his first sucky animations

Not Too Good...

I don't particularly enjoy this style of animation.

+Moderately-detailed art
-Choppy animation
-Poor lip-syncing
-Sub-par voice-acting

The drawings were not very good, the animation was very choppy. It's another one of those movies that didn't have lip-syncing. I guess the guy had an almost OK voice, but not so much for the other character. It was also short.

This may seem like a pretty excessive review for such a short little movie, but honestly I just find this style of animation very unappealing to me.

glendonisabella responds:

It's a 2 year old movie, we might have improved a bit since then, though some of your remarks might take it too seriously. Anyway, tnx for the deep review +happy ny

Surprising

I honestly didn't think it would be any good. It really wasn't bad.

+Good voice-acting
+Great dialogue and overall writing
-Sloppy, flat art
-Mediocre animation

The art was really the biggest problem. It was very sloppy, squiggly, and all out-of-proportion. The animation at times was mildly-decent, but other times it was just choppy and not very good.

However, it's writing is just fantastic. It sounded like I was watching a real movie at times, it was THAT good, combined with the great voice-acting, of course.

Overall, it seems to be another one of those movies where the best reason to watch it is for its dialogue and storyline. Other than that, there's not much to offer, however I still have to say the animation was nicer than a lot of other styles I've seen before.

DingoWalleyStudio responds:

Thanks for the compliment Mr. Twisted. I know, my art stinks. That's just simply how I draw and I can't figure out a way to make it better. I'm glad that my animating skills are going up from "Bad/Poor" to now "Mediocre", so that's something to be positive about.

And as for the scripts, your not the only one who said my script writing is superb. Mick Lauer (RicePirate) said my script was very well written. Perhaps after this episode I could hire some animators to do the animations while I just focus on the Scripts, the Voice gatherings and the oversight of the project. I'm also glad you at least like the style.

Thanks for the Critique. If you don't mind though, maybe you could PM me and tell me specifically what's bad about my Animation. It could be really useful for me. Thanks :D

Mediocre

I remember this was uploaded a few days ago, but you probably took it down for some reason... well, here's my review again.

Art was fairly-cleanly drawn. Animation seemed to be pretty much all motion tweens and was kinda choppy. Backgrounds were pleasing, however.

I like the song, but the cat's voice is way too high-pitched. I understand you wanted to make it sound like... a cat... but maybe you should've pitched it up less?

Overall, it was light, festive entertainment, but it's really nothing too special.

jackbliss responds:

Thanks reviewing again dude and sorry I re uploaded it I wanted it to be up closer to the holidays. Have a merry Christmas :)

I Enjoyed It

Very stylistic animation, I love how the whole thing looks hand-brushed. Art wasn't too bad, either.

But, obviously, it had a very short running-time, which was pretty unfortunate for me. Voice-acting wasn't that good, but you seem like you're new at all of this, so, that being said, I liked this. All you need is a little more practice and I think you'll be making some pretty hilarious movies in the future...

MuffinBulb responds:

Thanks, and yeah I'm only 13 so I've got ages to learn and get better

What

Surprisingly I laughed really hard... but it's not really a good Flash.

straberrykiler6789 responds:

you have very good taste

but this movie is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth about how the internet was created

Interesting...

I found it funny and the animation was smooth and even a bit unique. I liked it, good job.

But man, you only spent 2 WEEKS on this?? I just spent 5 months on an animation and everyone thinks it's horrible! You must be very good, good job.

kalabor106 responds:

Thanks. Yeah 2 weeks is a marathon to work with. Between work and it, almost drives you crazy. Glad you like it.

It Was Alright

Well, this was OK. It had some of the basic elements that all Flash movies need, including decent animation and voice acting. And, yes, I saw that drug PSA years ago where the guy slowly turns into the snake creature.

But anyway, I don't think this movie is good enough to be on the front page. It was alright, but I think it's overrated. I also didn't find anything particularly laugh-out-loud funny about it.

Still, it's way better than the other Flashes I see on the "latest releases" page. Good job, anyway. Next time make a Flash that's longer and has a lot more funny moments.

BillyNapalm responds:

Thanks for the feedback! I'm trying to keep my animations under two minutes, since anything longer will take too long for me to finish - and I start to lose interest and wind up quitting the project. I was on the verge of not finishing this one - since I had another idea come up - but I managed to give my head a shake and get it done anyway.

Hopefully my next projects will be more up your alley!

Better

It beats all this other crap here on Newgrounds. However, I hate sprite movies. Yes, even the Super Mario Bros. Z's. They take no skill to animate.

This movie was entertaining... of course, not super original. Oh well.

SuperMarioFan9000 responds:

Whew, A sprite hater, but reviewing about the animation, thanks!

Artist, animator, game developer, writer, music composer, voice actor, and lover of the universe.

Ben Carswell @Twisted4000