View Profile Twisted4000

All 229 Movie Reviews

60 w/ Responses

Hmmmmmm well, at first I thought it was pretty impressive-looking, but it got really repetitive and drawn-out after a while... your voice-acting was good, but the character's expressions and motions didn't seem to match it too well, it was very minimal and limited. Overall I sorta liked the animation a but but it was just so slow, I really wanted something to happen. Also that part with the horse at the beginning-ish wasn't animated very well, I dunno, it just seemed so off and choppy. BUT you're better than most animators out there, so it's still okay.

TerminalMontage responds:

Thanks, yeah, I did get a bit lazy with the main character's expressions, really just focused on his lip movements, and I normally make stuff that's a minute or less, but I did this to replicate the real Shadow of the Colossus intro.

And that horse! I actually animated the whole thing frame by frame at first, but with the guy sitting on it, it seemed, off. He was very smooth and neatly animated while the horse was a little shaky like Ed, Edd, and Eddy, so I made each body part it's own symbol and made it follow the first animation to keep the style consistent. But thank you c:

Woooooah.

Alright that was REALLY well-done. First off, the style was pretty simple and it semi-reminded me of Adventure Time. The colors were very fluorescent and nice to look at. I loved the animation, it smooth and fun to watch. At a lot of parts I just found myself laughing.

I loved the way all the creatures and characters were designed, it was all just so strange and hilarious to me. Plus that Bill Cosby part at the end was just the greatest thing I've seen in forever. Overall I loved it, very interesting style and simple fun to watch. FUN TO WATCH = the whole point of watching a cartoon in the first place.

I laughed-out-loud, pretty rare to see a video do that to me. Animation was very tweeny and not the best, but the drawings were nice and the jokes were actually funny. Good job!

Other than the fact of there being no voices, I loved the frame-by-frame pieces you did in this. Line-work's extremely clean, great job on the coloring. I want to see where you go with this...

Plus, gratz on the award!! :)

bocodamondo responds:

i sure never expected an award for this ^^
thanks you Beta Tester >:D

Ummm hmmm...

Alright well I think it was better than I expected but... I dunno, something about the animation just wasn't appealing to me. I like how it's frame-by-frame, it's done alright, but at some parts it just looks kinda disjointed and choppy. Coloring was a bit sludgy-looking.

As for art, it just looks like anime.

For writing and plot and such, it just didn't do it for me, I dunno, it just seemed very flat and generic. Was very predictable and I didn't find it funny.

As far as voicing goes, it was okay, I've seen worse, but at parts it seemed off, like it didn't match with the animation. When she was screaming at the end, she seemed to be acting more than the character was actually moving around, it looked kinda weird how she was sorta just standing still and fidgeting a bit when yelling. Quality of the mics seemed to sort've switch around a lot, too.

Overall, I didn't really like it too much, but I have seen worse, I'll just leave it at that.

lol that was so cute. Nice animation and stylistic backgrounds as well.

Animation was pretty nifty, loved the use of colors. Very stylistic as always!

Hmm well there's a couple things I liked about it but a lot of things I particularly didn't.

First off, I like how the animation is smooth. I like the backgrounds, they look very traditionally-drawn and they're interesting. The colors you used were basic, but they popped out nicely and weren't in any way dull.

For what I didn't like, everything sort of went very out-of-proportion when the characters moved around. Obviously the style is very simple and needs work, however it doesn't look like it's SUPPOSED to look fantastic or anything, so it's not really an issue. But everything is just very messy and odd. Sometimes it looks like other characters are in a completely different spectrum compared to others in the same shot.

Voice acting wasn't so hot either, either practice mroe on that or get some actors. Some voices were better than others, though.

As far as plot and storytelling goes, there wasn't really a whole lot there, and I know it's supposed to be kinda random, but it was just very repetitive and unfunny to me. Overall, the whole thing wasn't horrible, but let's just say I was kinda glad when it was over.

Just practice some more and I'm pretty sure you'll make something pretty hilarious in the future.

Jakoshi responds:

We appreciate constructive criticisms such as this rather than pure bad reviews with no explanation. We can promise you that all of our work will be much improved from this point on, as we went through the entire process of making a cartoon backwards; we had nameless characters, monologues, and many areas that needed improvement. Our future work will hold memorable and developed characters, as well as stories and dialogue that will set up the humor, and animation that will not be half-assed in any way. Thanks for the suggestions and keep an eye out for our next projects... they won't disappoint.

Very nice! Action sequences at the beginning part were just fantastic. Coloring, shiding and shading were very good, along with the line-work. My only issues with it were that here-and-there, proportions and anatomy were off a little bit, and sometimes the animation was pretty choppy. But most of the art makes up for it, good job!

Oh, and WHAT A SURPRISE SirUndead and RicePirate both did an awesome job voicing. I didn't see THAT one coming.

But again, nice.

The video isn't playing as this is being written, but I have seen this before when it was working, so I'll leave a review. Plus if any of you guys want to see this it's on YouTube, just search up the title.

Art and animation were both fantastic, it flows very naturally and is pleasing to look at. Your line work and shading are both great as well. You're very good at anatomy, such as muscles and stuff.

Your effects and backgrounds are good too. When he breaks his fingers it blurs and the camera shakes at just the right level, looks very good, you are a superb animator!

Artist, animator, game developer, writer, music composer, voice actor, and lover of the universe.

Ben Carswell @Twisted4000