View Profile Twisted4000

All 230 Movie Reviews

60 w/ Responses

Animation was pretty nifty, loved the use of colors. Very stylistic as always!

Hmm well there's a couple things I liked about it but a lot of things I particularly didn't.

First off, I like how the animation is smooth. I like the backgrounds, they look very traditionally-drawn and they're interesting. The colors you used were basic, but they popped out nicely and weren't in any way dull.

For what I didn't like, everything sort of went very out-of-proportion when the characters moved around. Obviously the style is very simple and needs work, however it doesn't look like it's SUPPOSED to look fantastic or anything, so it's not really an issue. But everything is just very messy and odd. Sometimes it looks like other characters are in a completely different spectrum compared to others in the same shot.

Voice acting wasn't so hot either, either practice mroe on that or get some actors. Some voices were better than others, though.

As far as plot and storytelling goes, there wasn't really a whole lot there, and I know it's supposed to be kinda random, but it was just very repetitive and unfunny to me. Overall, the whole thing wasn't horrible, but let's just say I was kinda glad when it was over.

Just practice some more and I'm pretty sure you'll make something pretty hilarious in the future.

Jakoshi responds:

We appreciate constructive criticisms such as this rather than pure bad reviews with no explanation. We can promise you that all of our work will be much improved from this point on, as we went through the entire process of making a cartoon backwards; we had nameless characters, monologues, and many areas that needed improvement. Our future work will hold memorable and developed characters, as well as stories and dialogue that will set up the humor, and animation that will not be half-assed in any way. Thanks for the suggestions and keep an eye out for our next projects... they won't disappoint.

Very nice! Action sequences at the beginning part were just fantastic. Coloring, shiding and shading were very good, along with the line-work. My only issues with it were that here-and-there, proportions and anatomy were off a little bit, and sometimes the animation was pretty choppy. But most of the art makes up for it, good job!

Oh, and WHAT A SURPRISE SirUndead and RicePirate both did an awesome job voicing. I didn't see THAT one coming.

But again, nice.

The video isn't playing as this is being written, but I have seen this before when it was working, so I'll leave a review. Plus if any of you guys want to see this it's on YouTube, just search up the title.

Art and animation were both fantastic, it flows very naturally and is pleasing to look at. Your line work and shading are both great as well. You're very good at anatomy, such as muscles and stuff.

Your effects and backgrounds are good too. When he breaks his fingers it blurs and the camera shakes at just the right level, looks very good, you are a superb animator!

Let me tell you I rarely give out 5s, but this was really impressive. What I loved the most was that it's an Egoraptor-inspired video humor-wise and video game parody-based, but you actually have your own animation and drawing style and it doesn't seem like a blatant copy... it seems more like an inspired thing, which it is supposed to be. The whole thing was pretty funny, but I especially loved the ExciteBike scene in the beginning the best, it was just animated very well and had very good impact and such.

You're as good an animator as you are at voice acting! :) Very impressive.

Well, at first, I mean yeah the animation is very basic, but I thought the texturing was neat and the animation itself semi-reminded me of South Park, the way the characters jittered a bunch. It kept me interested for a bit, since they were switching positions at a decent pace, but that later part when he started talking to the camera was really drawn out and I didn't find it funny. If it ended mutch faster I would've gave it a somewhat higher score.

Pretty awesome animation, battle-scene was done well. I could've done without the sprite parts, though, they sorta took me out of the cartoon for a few moments, plus here-and-there some things looked sorta out of proportion, but other than that really well-done.

Animation was pretty nifty, remined me of those good ol' fashioned stick classics.

Woah... I did not expect that twist at the end... he is Hitler... it makes perfect sense...

As for the visuals and such, I really liked it, it seems you understand how animation works, and you know how to execute it well. The coloring was more on dull side, but everything matched and blended well with each other. I really like how it's more retro-styled and the movement breaks reality a bit, THAT'S what I love seeing in animation, nice job.

Oh my gosh that brought back so many memories, at that one part where he picks up the photo and it shows the three other guys, I miss them all. I really can't wait to see them again!

As for the visuals and such, it looks a lot different, but it's welcoming, the texture in the coloring is very unique and interesting, and I think it will be very cool to watch!

Gerkinman responds:

Its a more polished look then the original series had, tho the guy who animated episodes 3-5 of the original Nimbin series was working more as a consultant on this project as opposed to an actual animator.

Artist, animator, game developer, writer, music composer, voice actor, and lover of the universe.

Ben Carswell @Twisted4000