Jade vs Liun Kang Fatalit Jade vs Liun Kang Fatalit

I just found everything about it really choppy and awkward, wasn't clever at all either.

Most Romantic Song Most Romantic Song

A bit repetetive, but also very well-done. The style and animation worked well together, and the camera movement and effects were top-notch. Also, the song is hilarious.

A Moment of Adventure A Moment of Adventure

I liked how the key-posing was unpredictable and quite dynamic, and the animation was sometimes decent, but all-in-all the whole thing was just overly-obnoxious and forced, I didn't find anything funny about it and it didn't seem like any of the jokes came up naturally whatsoever. It seemed more like "hey, people must think this joke is funny, so I'll just jam it into the script randomly right here!" There's too many people doing that now.

sweetcommando responds:

I know, i know, i need to work on my writing. But its really hard to do that since im mostly focusing on the animation stage. But thanks for the feedback anyway.
Love your work by the way!

Buy Wards You Feeders Buy Wards You Feeders

Some of the animation was pretty smooth, but for the most part I just found the movements awkward and the video very repetitive.

RetroSleep responds:

If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me what was smooth and what was akward? I made the video so the entire thing looks the same to me unless its specifically pointed out, I would like to improve so I do want to hear what you have to say, and repetitive? It's def not the same animation with different outfits its all unique! lol

Edge Edge

There's quite a few things I have to say about this. Though I liked the point it was trying to make, as quite honestly it hasn't been done much according to my knowledge, it was not delivered or executed well.

Visuals were certainly not the worst I've seen, though as far as the coloring goes, the shading I think needs to be darker. I see people do this a lot, they want to get the coloring to look vibrant and creamy, which is completely understandable, but they make the shading almost the same brightness as the lighted parts themselves. The placing of it also needed some work. Animation was a bit choppy and lacked flow, and the characters sort of lost their proportion as they moved around. I know that the characters were supposed to be making wacky-looking movements and such, but because there was no flow to it, it just didn't look right.

I see that you're trying to do the camera-movement thing, but I didn't think it was done right and was completely unnecessary. The characters weren't moving very much out of fixation in the first place, and the movement of the camera itself was almost nauseating.

Most of the voices were pretty good, the acting for the two main characters especially fit very well, but I feel it was let down by very drawn-out, non-clever writing. I found myself wanting to skip through the video as it was went on. It's nice that the video was towards the 4-minute mark, but at the same time, in this sort of situation and the simple point that video was attempting to make, shorter would have been much better, in my mind.

The redeeming factor for me is the point of the video. I do agree with it, but since it wasn't done well at all I can't recommend the video to anyone. I also don't really understand why like 10 other people were in on such a simple video, but...

If you want your future stuff to be better, I would polish the animation, work on understanding the concept of weight and the law of physics, work on coloring, how shading works and how it's supposed to be placed, and above all, work on the writing. Even a poorly-animated video can be funny if the writing is funny.

Flikkernicht responds:

Yeah, I understand what you mean, man. A lot of this kinda shit I picked up on my own while working on it; truth be told I just wanted to get it done and out, due to how long it began to take. I ran into an assload of complications during working on this, which is in part the reason why so many people were involved. At one point I was hoping to get it out by the end of 2013, so I asked a bunch of my friends to do stuff like backgrounds, coloring, shading, etc, so I could focus on finishing up the animation. I wasn't involved with the coloring, nor the shading; I had friends do that, like I said. I agree that the animation was pretty choppy at some parts, and as for the camera movements, it's the first time I've really tried actively using V-cam so I did go a bit overboard with it. Also, the writing: it seemed to be a common complaint between everyone I showed it to that it was too long, I've really got to work on pacing when it comes to scripts. But anyways, I like your stuff, and I appreciate you going in-depth like this on the review. I'll try to work on some of this stuff before I begin my next thing.
-luv flikkernicht xoxo

The Bartender The Bartender

Overall I just found it sort of obnoxious and not very funny. it was just generic to me, there was nothing really unique about it or anything new it brought to the table of videos like this. Animation was kind of choppy and uninteresting to look at. It almost seemed like the video was trying to make some sort of point or something I guess, and if it was, it didn't work. The only thing I found okay was the twist at the end. Voices were decent quality, though the kid was kind of annoying to listen to.

It's not that bad for a first submission, and considering that, you might be on the road to somewhere, but I would seriously suggest polishing the animation, working on the humor and writing and basically everything in general.

Mallowin responds:

Thanks, I appreciate the review! The writing wasn't actually mine, (personally I thought the comedy was a mix of ridiculous irony and "genuine" morals) but I'll take full credit for any choppyness you saw in the animation. I actually spent weeks shading all the frames, but as a review had noted in the past, not everything is completely animated.

Congrats for being my first "stern and thorough" review!

Because, Boobs Because, Boobs

Yeah, that's basically how female character-design works in the industry.

Overall I loved the video, audio was nice and though the visuals were a bit messy, they added to the style. Entertaining to watch, and best of all, it was to-the-point. Nicely done, very unique.

Game Grumps 3d #06 Game Grumps 3d #06

Well, all I can say is that this whole Game Grumps 3D thing got pretty tiring for me after the second video. They're decently-animated for 3D graphics, but in the end, they're still nothing more than Game Grumps animations that already plague the internet. Please make your videos on different topics, like that Grand Theft Auto thing you just made, AT LEAST do stuff like that instead.

Mr. Literal Mr. Literal

This is pretty much like the best thing ever, quite honestly.

Animation's very good, there's not like a gazillion frames in it, no, but the placement of the movements is done extremely well. Voice acting is good and funny to listen to, colors are nice, overall visuals are fun to look at, and the ending punchline just tops it all off so bizarrely and so perfectly.

One of my favorite animations on here ever.

Star Trek Joke Star Trek Joke

Clean. detailed animation, but it was very stiff and not very interesting to look at. Though it's not really a big deal since the video was very short and revolved around one little joke. Which by the way wasn't funny.

redminus responds: